Specialist, Poison Information I provides professional services for the Texas Poison Center concerning poisoning problems.
The salary range for this position is from $62,231 to $99,569 annually, commensurate with experience.
Pay Band Code: PC22
Specific Job Related Duties
- Answers routine questions from health professionals and public users of the Texas Poison Center twenty-four hour statewide "hot line".
- Gathers available information regarding the possible poisonous material, such as the type and quantity of the material consumed.
- Obtains information about the individual that has consumed the material, such as age, height, weight, and general health.
- Assimilates this information, makes diagnostic decisions, and recommends treatment.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Registered Pharmacist by the Texas Board of Pharmacy or Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing with either a BSN or ASN/ADN or a Certified Physician Assistant. No experience required.