Ensures the safe and effective use of medications by providing medication order verification while assessing for optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services in the health system. monitors inpatient and outpatient drug therapies when appropriate and Works with medical staff to find alternatives when needed. evaluates patient care plans, medication therapy and resolves medication related problems and issues, including categorization of patient specific therapies to optimize pharmaceutical care.
1. Reviews, interprets, and evaluates all medication orders for patients in all age groups
2. Maintains patient medication profiles in an automated pharmacy information system
3. Consults with and advises medical, nursing, and other healthcare providers regarding the prescribing, dispensing, or administration of medications.
4. Routinely monitors the patient’s total drug therapy for effectiveness, side effects, adverse reactions, toxicities, drug interactions, and incompatibilities
5. Participates actively in cardiopulmonary emergencies.
6. Conducts assigned target drug monitoring programs and concurrent drug use evaluation activities as required
7. Performs and documents Pharmacist Intervention activities such as recommendations on drug product selection, dosage adjustments, and appropriate drug therapy
8. Obtains medication histories on selected patients and communicates pertinent information to the appropriate healthcare provider
9. Communicates with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers as necessary
10.Prepares and/or Verifies the appropriate preparation of medications to be dispensed using the correct technique, as required.