Clinica Colorado’s mission is to provide quality, low-cost healthcare for those who are indigent, without health insurance or unable to obtain primary care services. Clinica Colorado services include the full range of preventive and primary care delivered in a family medicine model, creating a true medical home for thousands of uninsured individuals in the Denver metropolitan area.
Our Clinic is currently seeking a team player who is friendly, motivated, confident, reliable and detail-oriented and can handle a demanding workload with a smile. We are looking for a full-time Medical Assistant who is dependable, possesses a great work ethic and a positive personality. Our ideal candidate must be good at multi-tasking, work well under pressure and be a team player. He or she must be able to work independently, as well as with medical providers, patients, family members and other co-workers. Must be able to prioritize work demands and organize time efficiently.This position includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Patient Care
- Taking medical histories, ability to take and record vital signs as well as blood draws and preparing patients for examination.
- Assists in managing patient flow, with proper check in, rooming processes and communication with health care team.
- Arrange exam-room instruments and equipment
- Keep waiting and examine rooms neat and clean.
a. Triage calls regarding medications
b. Makes photocopies as needed
c. Sends faxes as needed
d. Assists physicians as needed
e. Computer input
g. Receptionist – to answer and properly screen phone calls, as needed
- Assists in keeping inventory of medical supplies
- Autoclaving or sterilization stocking of medical instruments
- Bilingual English and Spanish is a must.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification completed from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Experience working with and sensitivity toward special populations, including those with limited income, limited education and non-English speaking individuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated individual.
This position is considered entry level for medical assisting and will begin at $12.50 per hour. Partial medical insurance reimbursement and paid-time-off are offered.