Before going deep into the topic, we shall know what the cosmetic surgery is. Here is the medical definition for you – this is a surgical procedure to modify and/or improve the appearance of your physical feature. Sometimes, this procedure will also be done to correct your irregularities or defects. We can say that the primary objective of the cosmetic surgery is to improve the person’s appearance.[caption id="attachment_4322" align="alignright" width="230"]
Cosmetic Surgery in progress[/caption]
Reason for Carrying Out Cosmetic Surgery:
The reason for carrying out cosmetic surgery is that this particular procedure could bring the long lasting changes to the external appearance of the recipients. I would say that it is important for you to understand how these changes could affect people on the inside.
Are You Suitable for Cosmetic Surgery?
Are you wondering whether you are the suitable candidate for cosmetic surgery? Find out here – any good candidate for cosmetic surgery will:
What Could You Expect From Cosmetic Surgery?
- Have some realistic expectations about what could be accomplished.
- Understand all the medical risks and physical effects during the process of healing.
- Discuss his/her goal for surgery with the surgeon.
- Have diabetes or any other chronic medical conditions under control.
- Have no history of smoking.
- Have a stable weight (6 months to 1 year).
If you are undertaking a cosmetic surgery for yourself, you could expect the following:
Advantages of Cosmetic Surgery:
- Care will be targeted to the individual needs of the patient.
- Realistic expectations – the primary objective is improvement and not perfection.
- Each individual would have a different result.
- Surgical scars out of cosmetic surgery are permanent.
- The bruising/swelling is temporary.
- Sometimes, the surgery would require drains.
- The time of recovery would vary with person and/or procedure.
- More usually, insurance will not cover cosmetic surgeries.
- Individuals might require follow-up surgeries in order to achieve the intended goals.
Various advantages that are associated with cosmetic surgery are:
- Physical Benefits: Examples of cosmetic surgeries that are performed for physical benefits that will be quite obvious to our eyes are:
o Breast enhancement procedure
What are the Associated Risks?
- Aging Process Benefits: Some of the cosmetic surgeries are designed specifically for treating wrinkles and fine lines on our skin. Such procedures would make people to look younger than their actual age. Thus, the process of aging is slowed down.
- Enhancing Self-Esteem: The cosmetic surgery procedure will be able to change some of the important aspects of your body or face profile thereby enhancing your self-esteem.
- Notable Instant Changes: The cosmetic surgical procedures are becoming popular among the common people as it could give you with the notable instant changes.
As with any other surgical procedure, there are some complications associated with the cosmetic surgery. They can be:
- Blood Clots
- Infections at the site of incision
- Mild Bleeding
- Skin Breakdown
- Tingling from nerve damage
I would suggest you to consider the motives for wanting to change how you look well before making an appointment to visit cosmetic surgeon. This could help you to make wise decisions!