The medical field has a variety of degree programs. If you are looking for a career in medicine, it’s advisable to explore the different types of degrees available in the field in order to come up with a wise decision. Look here to know about the types of medical degrees in order to understand what each degree can provide you. Read on…
Associate’s Degree in Medicine:
An associate’s degree in medicine will basically include the following subject areas:
- Medical office practices
- Administrative duties
- Record keeping skills
- Clinical laboratory procedures
Following are some of the areas in which the degrees are commonly offered at the associate’s level:
Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine:
- Medical Assisting: An associate’s degree in medical assisting would enable you to carry out medical office duties like billing, coding, and so on. In addition, you may also learn about the fundamental medical procedures.
- Medical Office Administration: This degree program would emphasize the clerical works being performed at the medical organizations.
- Health Information Management: This degree would enable you to become a ‘health information technician’ who would involve in the collection and maintenance of patient data.
A bachelor’s degree in medicine would focus on operating medical equipment thereby providing adequate medical experience.
Following are the most popular bachelor’s degree programs in medicine today:
Graduate Degree in Medicine:
- Medical Technology: A bachelor’s degree in medical technology would enable you to learn about the complex medical instruments. After completing this degree program, you can pursue your career as a ‘medical technologist’ or ‘medical laboratory scientist’.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography: This program would involve the non-invasive sonographic imaging techniques.
- Nursing: This degree program would teach you on the quality nursing care through hands-on training and experience.
The graduate medical degree programs would provide specialized training thereby preparing you for getting employed.
Following are some of the common graduate degree programs in medicine:
- Medical Sciences: This program is commonly used as the preparation for the doctoral degrees in medicine. You could also use this as a preparation for your research careers. In the master’s degree program in medical sciences, you will have the chance to intensively study about various medical sciences like anatomy, genetics, physiology and so on…
- Medical Informatics: This degree program involves the application of instructions in healthcare-related information technology or business. There are several concentrations available in this particular degree program and you can select any one of them based on your own preference.
- Doctor of Medicine: This is considered to be the highest level of degree in medicine field and would take you four years to complete. During the first two years of the program, you would gain in-depth knowledge on various medical areas whereas, in the last two years, you would learn about applying this knowledge.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: This degree program would emphasize on treating the person in whole and offering the patients with the preventive care.